Friday, December 17, 2010

A Fond Farewell

It is with a degree of sadness that I bid farewell to the Back Woods and MOSI. I am moving on to a new position collecting data on the greater urban forest of Tampa Bay and it’s surrounding watersheds with the University of Florida.

It has been my great pleasure to have had an opportunity to work with the wonderful staff at MOSI and all of the outstanding volunteers that have helped with our restoration activities in the Back Woods.

I will truly miss this little piece of woods…I leave with a multitude of happy memories of quirky finds, battles with invasive species, and the many gopher tortoises all named Fred!

I truly hope you have enjoyed my narration of the Back Woods saga and hope you continue to follow the story as other staff and volunteers take up the torch and carry on with the maintenance, restoration, and telling the story of the Back Woods Forest Preserve at MOSI.

Very Merry Holidays and all my best to you and yours for the New Year!!

Cheers, Carolyn aka The Longleaf

No comments: